Tuesday, May 23, 2000

Strong Shark Moves




The weekly lingerie show was in high gear at a billiard parlor I play in
from time to time. FTR, I am not adverse to appreciating nice looking women but seldom strain my eyes to look at the working girls. Being a married man I make every effort to avoid any temptations of this sort. I am in a serious pool match with a regular competitor and friend and I am in a position to get to the hill first, shooting a long straight shot, down the long rail about 6 foot distance between the cue and the object ball, with a moderate amount of draw required. On the Diamond tables, this can be difficult depending on how hard you hit the ball. So I am preparing to get down on the shot and my opponent says, "Excuse me!" and starts talking to one of the passing Lingerie Ladies. I thought this was inappropriate as I don't like interruptions while I am at the table. I waited about 30 seconds for the conversation to end and it did. The LL then walks away from my opponent and stands about 4 feet from the table in my direct line of fire. I figured that I must learn to compete under all circumstances and don't want to appear to be a big cry baby so I prepare for the shot while she stands motionless wearing little more than a smile. I re-focus and go through my pre-shot routine, get down on the shot and pull back the cue on the final stroke with hardly enough power to reach the object ball let alone pocket it. :-(
Some people will do anything for a win........

Photo credit: http://the-lingerie.blogspot.com/

No comments: